mercredi 16 mars 2011

Boring or not boring ?

Every morning, that is, when i am home alone. ( tuesday to friday hubby is at work ) i like to sit in front of the computer with my hot cup of comforting coffee. I check my messages, email back to etsy customers, look at some lovely blogs and if i feel inspired, will post a message in my own blog.  I realize i haven't done this for at least 2 weeks...Or is it more than 2 weeks ? I have come, i have looked at the blank page of the new message section , i meant to post something, But it seems i have nothing to say...Is my life so boring ? I must admit i spend most of my days at home, working in my studio until hubby returns from work. Other than sewing, i make the laundry, vaccum, wash the dishes, cook dinner, learn to crochet, knit, run to my daughter who lives right behind my house, give a hug to baby Jacob while Molly, the boxer doggie, is begging for me to hug her too.... Oh and i feed the hens in my chicken coop. Hubby and i built a little shed last fall ( did i mention this before ? ) with the main idea to have a few hens. ( or do we say chicken ? ) Hubby was so excited, he could not wait until spring and came home one day with 2 brown hens. Daughter Anne decided to name them Barbara and Gwendolyn. Very curious ladies. And then a couple of months later, a friend gave him a black hen. Daughter Anne decided this would be Alice. Unlike the other two,she is not the friendly type. And she has not begun laying eggs. I told hubby she may be too young, we have to be patient. The weather is milder and snow is melting. I have opened their coop for them to wander outside in their own closed little yard. They love being outdoors . I guess they too were feeling depressed with this never ending winter. The starlings have arrived and this is the very first positive sign that winter is behind us already. There is still a lot of snow, but i can see little patches of grass here and there. I made a bet with hubby that on march 31st, we will be able to set up the garden chairs on the terrace. I hope i am right, otherwise i will have to sneek outside and shovel. o_o     No, no , enough of that shoveling. I want to dig and play in the flowers. I planted a few dadoffils bulbs a friend gave me and i am eager to see what they will look like this spring. Unless the squirrels digged them out, i am hoping i may see a few flowers. I promise myself to plant tulips next fall. I used to have a lovely patch of pastel colored tulips in my former home and it was very lovely. We have been in our new house for almost 3 years now. Creating new bed flowers take time...Funny, i came here this morning because i felt in the mood  to post  some of my etsy favorites. After all, i managed to write something that doesn't appear too boring. Or so i hope. I have to go now, daughter Maude and i are going to do some shopping. Hubby's birthday is this sunday and i need to get a few little things. 
Hope your week is lovely ♥

8 commentaires:

The French Bear a dit…

I love that you have chickens, I wish I could, how fun is that!!!! If only I could spend more time knitting and crocheting, wouldn't it be great to visit and spend time doing that while having tea and laughing!!!!
It has been such a long and dreary winter, I look forward to Spring!
You are never boring and I love to see what you are making!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

WinnibriggsHouse a dit…

I second 'the French Bear' here. I have read your post and am not the least bit bored. It sounds to me like you have loads to do and talk about. I also envy the chucks, we live in a 170 year old town house in a little town in Lincolnshire England, and there is no way we could have them! Do please keep coming back and sharing your day to day life, it is fascinating reading.
Jenny x

moonflower20 a dit…

Oh, how I envy your chickens! This is my dream that one day I could keep chickens, too. I even received a book on how to raise chickens last Christmas. One of these days when we no longer live in the suburbs! You have a very full life, Monique, and it's never boring; I can tell you that! Spring is just about a week away, and I'm sure you'll be even more busy, dear friend! Thanks for the glimses into your lovely days! xx

andrea creates a dit…

oh no-not boring-in fact your days sound a lot like my own...errands, housework-creative work-kids, pets....
i was so wanting to have chickens when we moved here-maybe sometimes soon?
it's always a treat to stop by your blog :)

Wasabi Honey Bee a dit…

Lovely Post!! Not the least bit boring : )

winterludes a dit…

not boring!: comme d'habitude j'ai bien aimé lire ton post. très souvent, le problème n'est pas de ne rien avoir à dire mais plutôt comment ou pourquoi le dire.
au fait, hier premier picnic au bord de la seine, je suis sûre que dans 15 jours c'est ton tour...

Happybee a dit…

oh no, not boring, I can call it a quite and nice life!!!
I hope that spring will arrive soon there so maybe you can go outside and do some nice and long walk, I've had one this morning, I come back home so tired but I've enjoied it sooo much!!!
Have a lovely week!!!

Scented Sweetpeas a dit…

A lovely post , now i want to see your chickens and their new coop :-)