lundi 22 février 2010

Granny to be...

I knew it was just a matter of time, for years she had been yearning to become a mommy...Last week we received a call from my daughter Maude. Her voice on the phone was very excited when she told us " that's it ! i am pregnant !! ".... Oh my gosh, i am going to be a granny i thought ...Am i happy ? Considering the picture you see here, it doesn't look so. (laughs)

Of course i am happy !!! Who wouldn't be happy by such wonderful news ?
Maude will turn 24 in april, but as long as i can remember, she wanted to be a mom. So as soon as she graduated from university last year, she went on with her plan. She is a very determined person, when she decides she wants something, she gets it. Along with her boyfriend, she bought her first house while she was still studying at university. Last year they bought a lot behind our house and they will probably start building their new house this summer. It is wonderful, knowing our daughter will live next to us. My first daughter Geneviève ( She and Maude are only 11 months apart ) is studying abroad in Brussels and i miss her everyday. We still have young Anne ( 18 ) living with us, thank God. I hope she wont leave soon, i want to keep her close to me a little bit more. Awww, mommies whatever age the youngest is, we still consider them our little baby. Anyways, can you imagine ?!? I am going to be a granny ? I am so very excited! After i gave birth to my 3rd daughter, hubby ran to the doctor to have his " thing " fixed. :) Was scared i would make more babies. That would have been probably the case. I was very sad, knowing Anne would be my last child. I wished i had 4 or 5. Being a grandmother has its privileges though . And i am lucky my daughter will be so close by. I will have the opportunity to see and love that little thing anytime i want. I am already thinking of all the knitting and sewing projects i want to make. If some of you have some great links on knitting and sewing babies clothes, i would love it if you could share some of them.
I can't wait to show you some pics of my daughter's growing belly. But that will take some time. Baby is due only in mid-october. I'll keep you posted with more details of her pregnancy.

Have a lovely day everyone ♥

10 commentaires:

Devon a dit…

Congrats on becoming a granny,,and yes grandchildren are such wonderful gifts...and congrats to your daughter I was the same way,,always wanted to become a mommy at a very young age..looking forward to seeing the progress pictures...
Devon

Unknown a dit…

Premièrement félicitations pour les nouvelles heureux que ce sera un grand-mère.
Merci pour la visite, I love your work.
Utilisez le traducteur ne comprenait pas l'anglais, le français mieux la comprendre, mais en tout cas d'utilisation d'un traducteur, j'espère que la traduction est correcte.
Baisers.

Christy Amular a dit…

Monique congrats on becoming a first time granny! What a wonderful privilege and blessing that is. Very best wishes!

Valentina a dit…

Oh, Monique! Congratulations! How exciting news! And I laughed sooooo hard at that picture of yours!
I am happy for all of you,
Valentina in Cyprus

Hello Hoop a dit…

Congratulations on such happy news!
I am sure this child will have alot of cute handmade treasures. I love your work. Best wishes to the family.

Ulla V. a dit…

How wonderful for you, Monique - lots of congratulations. :))

It must be so nice to know that you will be able to see your daughter and grandchild so much, when they live close by.
I can imagine that it must be very hard not to see your daughter in Brussels that often.

Our daughter is 18 and has decided to go live with her sweet boyfriend in a couple of months. Oh, that was hard. Like you, I had hoped that she would stay just a little bit longer, but on the other hand I'm so happy that she has found the one she wants to share her life with. :))
Luckily she is going to life in a town close by (about 14 kilometres away) and she still a has job here in our town concurrently with her studies.

I know exactly how you felt when you weren't going to have any more children yourself. It's sad and hard. We have 2 wonderful children, and we have always wanted yet another one. But due to all of the slipped discs I got in a car accident, my back is too weak for a pregnancy.

So I definitely look forward to becoming a grandmother too. Lucky, lucky you. :))

Take care...

marit a dit…

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!

Scented Sweetpeas a dit…

Have only just found your blog but wanted to say congrats on being a Grandmother/Nan/Gran soon. I have three little sweetpeas and still go all cooey over babies but am not sure I have the energy for any more :-)

Sam I Am a dit…

Congrats Monique!! How exciting!!!

Ana V. a dit…

Congratulations on becoming granny.

Your work is fantástic and this new baby is going to have lots of toys made by granny.